Microsoft 365 and Teams allow you to collaborate with guests and external users through the “Guest access” feature. This feature will enable you to invite external users to join your organization’s teams and collaborate with you in real-time. Here are the steps to collaborate with guests and external users in Microsoft 365 and Teams:
- Open Microsoft Teams and sign in with your Microsoft account.
- Select the team you want to collaborate with and click on the “Add member” button.
- In the “Add members” window, enter the email address of the external user you want to invite.
- Click on the “Send” button to send the invitation. The external user will receive an email with a link to join the team.
- Once the external user accepts the invitation, they will be added to the team as a guest.
- Guests have access to the team’s channels and can participate in conversations and collaborate on projects just like regular team members. However, they have limited access to team resources and cannot perform specific actions, such as adding or removing members or creating channels.
Note: To invite external users to your organization’s teams, you must have the “Guest access” feature enabled in your Microsoft 365 subscription. You can check with your administrator to see if this feature is available.